Description of Class
What does a creative writer really need to know about grammar and why?
Whether you’re a poet, a fiction writer, an essayist, or work in multiple genres, grammar is essential to editing your drafts, enhancing story elements like voice and style, and gaining confidence with language.
Topics covered during this single-session class will include the following:
- Polishing your drafts in preparation for publication
- Deciding how much grammar help your work actually needs
- Mastering basic punctuation for use in dialogue
- Using grammar to enhance your voice or the voices of your characters
- Learning when to break the rules
- Empowering yourself to edit your own writing
This class is perfect if you want to gain confidence in the grammatical choices that you make with your creative work, punctuate your poems with ease, and get your characters communicating clearly.
You work hard on your writing. Join forces with grammar instead of letting it block your creative work!Top